Monday, February 28, 2011

The Willy Wonka of the Ghetto: 2/28/2011

Well there are a lot of thunderstorms here. Its pretty neat! I want a tornado to hit so bad! It will be like the movie Twister with the cow getting flown all over the place. I keep telling our recent convert, Dougie Fresh, that a tornado is going to hit, and he tells me "NO! I hope it doesn't!" - pretty funny. 

This one night, I think it was friday, Elder Hall and I just stood on our porch, and watched all the lightning and it reminded me of the movie Poltergeist. Then I said jokingly, "Smite me oh mighty Smiter!" and right when I said it, this HUGE lightning bolt hit, I was like... ok time to go inside. hahah. it was crazy. 

We are still working with King James, he is pretty close to getting baptized. We went over to his house about 2 days ago and he showed us all his "phat beats" he made. They were actually really good. Then he did something amazing... he gave me his last orange soda!!! Once he did that I was like... I'm in. Oh and also he called me his "brotha" haha. 

Every time we go into the ghetto, the kids come up to us and want us to play basketball, and give them candy. I'm like the Willy Wonka on the Ghetto. haha  I find it pretty funny. So I found out that if you go out into the country a little, you will find tons of Amish farms. Speaking of the Amish, I don't know if you saw on the news, but 4 Amish kids were killed on Friday/Saturday because of the storm. Very sad :( I guess the mom was in the buggie with 6 kids, and there was a big puddle, and the mom decided to ride through it, and I guess it was really deep, so the current swept them away, and 4 of the kids drowned [this happened about 70 miles from where Elder Cawley is serving]

Anyways, now to a positive note, we were sitting in PEC on Sunday morning, and Adam, one of our investigators that we dropped, texted us saying, and I quote (mind you he is like 45) "HIYA! I want 2 come 2 church today!" I was like WOOHOO!  It was pretty amazing. He came and loved it. We have 3 investigators at church on Sunday and the sisters had 2. Our district is rocking it!  The sisters have a date for March 5, Rose Andrews, and we have Ron Wadlington for March 12. Do work! haha. 

Well I gotta go. Love yall much! Stay safe!

Elder Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment