Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Baptism: 1/31/11

Well I had my first baptism yesterday. It was way awesome! (someone pointed out that I say "way" a lot, must be a western thang) Anyways, so after church, we had a "Linger Longer/Potluck" thingy so the whole ward was mu-mu-munching on some grindage (haha son-in-law) and after that we all moved to the Relief Society room where we held the baptismal service. Our ward mission leader told me that he tried to turn the hot water on, but only cold water was coming out... yeah. so it was freezing!! haha. I'm pretty sure I saw some ice floating around.. haha just kidding. But there should have been! So I dunked him and I guess when he went under, water rushed up his nose holes, and when he came up he started coughing haha. He was busting up, what a good spirit.

After that we had some talks and people welcomed him into the ward. He was grinning from ear to ear, neat! I had to talk about the Holy Ghost, and I gave the analogy of this... So lets say you're walking down the street, but its pitch black. You can't see anything, you don't know where the road is or anything. Suddenly, a lightning bolt strikes, and you can see 5 ft in front of you, so you walk 5 ft, then its pitch black again. Another bolt strikes, and you can see another 5 ft in front of you, so you walk 5 more ft. So that is like before you're baptized and recieve the Holy Ghost. Now after you're baptized and given the Holy Ghost, its like you're walking down the road and its noon day. You can see everywhere you're going, everything is lit up. When I told that, everyone was like, "wow thats pretty good" hahaha. neat! So it was a really awesome day, not to mention, it was sunny clear blue skies, perfect day for a baptism.

So on Thursday, we went over to King James' house. We get there and there are 2 cop cars in front of his house, I was like "Oh geez! Lets go see whats going down!" So we are walking and he walked out and waved to us, so we go up and talk to him. Turns out, his wife had their baby that night, he went to go get her some McDonalds (only in the south) and he stopped by the house, and someone had broken into his house, stolen his TV's, his Xbox and PS3 and his computer. He went from being so happy, to devestated. I felt so bad for him. I told him that we will do anything to help him, and that we will come over sometime and play ping-pong. He laughed and said "aite nig nog" but the real word haha. I'm in. Neat!

Super bowl this Sunday I think right?? Thats gunna be a horrible day to go tracking. I can see it now:

Us: "Hey we're missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of..."

Person at door: "yeah umm... you know the super bowl is on right??"

Us: "yes"

Person at door: "exactly" *slams the door*

woo hoo... cant wait! haha. Oh well, can only lead the horse to water, not force it to drink. But still! garsh! haha. Kay well I gotta get going, gotta go bball it up in the ghetto with Koolaid. No joke thats a guys real name, hahaha. Love yall! Stay safe!  Oh... mom told me about the game...whats up with the Lakers losing to the Celtics... THAT'S UNACEPABLE!

Elder Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment