Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Missionaries on Facebook?: 2/7/11

So we got transfer calls on Saturday. Usually President is finished calling around 6 pm. We didn't get a call at 6. The day before we had a missoin wide conference call and basically President said the Lord is making tons of changes in this mission. He said to "expect the unexpected." Once I heard that I pooped myself of curiousity haha. So anyways, 6 pm rolls by, nothing. 8 pm comes and goes... nothing. 10 pm!... nothing. Me and Elder Hall were peeing our pants because we wanted to know what was going on. Elder Hill (elder in my mtc district) and Elder Dietz served in Hartford and we heard that was closing, and they heard nothing about their transfers either. So all four of us were freaking out. 

Then Elder Hill calls and said they found out and he is a District Leader in Bellview, TN. And he is District Leader over the Assistants and the Zone Leaders. BURN! haha. Naw that's way cool, but we still didn't hear anything! So 10:28 comes by and we get a call from our Zone Leaders, saying that our area was getting white washed. I was like "what did we do wrong?" haha. He went on this huge explanation on where we were going and stuff and then he says... "Naw I'm just kidding you're both staying the same." So that day ended WAY anti-climatic haha. 

But President did close around 10 or 12 areas. All the Zone Leaders are in a tri companionship, so that's way crazy. And my district grew a little. At first it was just 2 sisters and 2 elders. then it went to 4 sisters and 2 elders. Now it's 5 sisters and 2 elders. haha crazy! 

OH our mission was chosen to try out this new idea from Salt Lake. Missionaries on Facebook. It's crazy! Only 12 missionaries will be invited to this in our mission, and President said I was the first one he called. So basically I spend 2 hours a day on Facebook contacting ppl in Hopkinsville and answering questions. Weird huh?! We have a training conference call tonight about it. Oh Sister Stubbs and Sister Austin (sisters in my district) were invited to it too. It's wayyy weird! But someone has to be the guinea pigs haha, might as well be me! 

Yesterday was the worst day ever. No one was on the streets, and every door we knocked, they didn't want to talk, they wanted to watch the Superbowl. It was way crazy, everyone was for the Steelers here, and I told everyone that the Packers were gunna take it by 6. And I was right!!! I was like "yeah I don't even need to watch it, I already knew who was going to win." It's a gift I have haha. Just kidding, but maybe, I don't know. Well I love yall! It's snowing like crazazy here! woohoo! Have a good week!

love,
Elder Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment