Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"One Point for the Spirit!": 3/7/2011

"Wadd it iz home boi!?" That's what I say to all of our investigators that are black. haha. No joke though... I really do. :) 

So this past week was CHAOS!!! We have a Sister in our ward who does not like the Elders... but loves the Sister missionaries... figures haha. Anyways, she got kicked out by her landlord because she lost her job and couldn't pay rent. So we had to move her out. We show up on Friday morning, and there is a huge 26 footer U-haul truck. I was like "oooooo" --like those lil alien guys at pizza planet on Toy Story haha. So we walk into her house, and NOTHING and I mean NOTHING was packed. So we started packing stuff, moving stuff into the truck, and trying to get her packed as fast as possible. We were there from 10-1ish. It was crazy. 

So then we go out tracting and nothing really happened haha. Then Saturday morning we go back to the Sister's house at 9 am this time. (We skipped companion study until night time.) So we arive there and nothing had happened since we left yesterday, and she has to be completely moved out at noon! I was like... oh my gatos... haha. At this point, we were just throwing stuff into boxes and taking it to the truck. Oh by the way, she has no idea where she is moving to. Yeah, crazy. So we get everything ready to go, I don't know how we did, but we did. And she got moved out. 

Then 15 mins later, a Brother from our ward calls us and wants us to help him move all his heavy stuff into his U-haul truck. He is moving to Fort Rucker, in Alabama. So we drive down to his house and we get there and its a HUGE piano. I was like... oh no. We got that bad boy on the truck, and got all the couches and tables in the truck in like 20 mins. At this point it was 3ish and we had to be at a baptism for the Sisters at 4. 

Rose Andrews was getting baptized and she wanted me to say the opening prayer, because I taught her with Elder Wright. So that was pretty exciting. We had one of our investigators, Ron Wadlington, come to the baptism because he is going to get baptized this Saturday. So he liked the baptism, and later that night we get a call from him saying that he doesn't want anything to do with the Church. He doesn't want to get baptized and all this stuff. So we run over to his house, and talk with him. He said that the parents were looking at him (after the baptism), because he was playing basketball with the little kids and the parents thought he was being a sexual offender... I was like, um your crazy. haha. 

But I was just listening to everything he was saying, and then something crazy awesome happened. I said a prayer to help me know what to say to him. and a voice whispered to me and said, "Tell him he will have a dream tonight." 

me: "Ron, remember the Holy Ghost and what it does?"
ron: "Yeah."
me: "Well the Holy Ghost just told me something to tell you, do you want to hear what it said?"
ron: "Sure."
me: "The Holy Ghost told me that, tonight, when you say your prayers, and climb into bed, you will have a dream that will answer all of these questions and concerns that you have. All you need to do is pray, with faith, that you will have this dream. Ask our Heavenly Father to help you have this dream." 

It was sooo awesome! That is the strongest I have ever felt the Spirit! We are going over tonight to talk about the dream that he had last night. He texted us this morning and said "It worked." WOOHOO! One point for the Spirit! Well thats all the big stuff that happened this week. I love yall so much! Keep it real!

peace and blessings.

Elder Cawley

P.S. So on Wednesday, before District Meeting, President Hutchings called me and first rebuked me because I didnt update a refferal haha, oops, then he told me that in 2 weeks when we have transfers, I'm going to get transfered. He wants to see how I do in a new area, since we are doing so good in HopTown. Neat! I dont know where I'm going, but all I know is that I'm going somewhere! So that was pretty crazy haha. Yup. so... I'm not good at goodbyes... so..... that'll do pig... that'll do. 

P.S.S. Yesterday I related the Book of Mormon to chili. haha. I tasted the best chili I have ever had, and I asked Bro. McCraw where he got the recipe. He said the back of the can. And I related to how the best chili recipe is on the back of the can. Its so simple, yet overlooked by almost everyone that buys that can of chili. Now look at the Book of Mormon, its so simple yet overlooked by many as well. People are looking for answers but they don't know where to find it, and think they're questions are too simple to be found  in the Book of Mormon. I thought it was neat. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment