Monday, March 21, 2011

Transfers: 3/21/2011

Well last week was crazy... we got TRANSFER CALLS!!! So President called us at like 9:30... which is way early for him to be calling transfer calls... so I was like... AH CRAP! haha. I was brushing my teeth at the time, and President asked to talk to me, Elder Hall said I was brushing my teeth and President said... "Well tell him to spit and talk to me." haha. So he told me that I was getting transferred to the Franklin Zone (right beneath Nashville) to be a Zone leader!!! Once he said that I was like... really?? cmon! haha. 

So tommorow, I'm going to Franklin. The cool part is, that the church where I meet at every Sunday now is right next to the temple... neat! So yeah thats pretty crazy, being a Zone leader after 4 1/2 months. More responsibility. yay. haha. 

Our whole mission had a really crazy experience. So one of the missionaries' mom was hit by a car and has been in a coma since last Tuesday. The mom could pass at any moment. So President Hutchings decided that on Sunday, the whole mission would fast, and at 5pm, no matter where you are, just get down and pray to basically petition to God for a miracle to happen. We did just that and didn't hear anything from President until 10:20 (10 mins before we are supposed to go to bed). We get a text saying... "Good news from the Sorensons. Elder Sorenson's mom showed good signs today. She came off Medical Machines. At 3 pm she opened her eyes." 

Now... Elder Sorenson is from Northern Cali. So they are 2 hours behind us... so 5 pm in Tenn... is 3 pm in Cali. So RIGHT when our whole mission prayed for a miracle to happen... she opened her eyes. I got the heeby jeebyz from that. Mission = Crazy. haha. 

King James is doing good, he hasn't gotten baptized yet... but he will. I got a picture with him today, so when I get the chance, I will upload it on Facebook. Yes I'm on facebook now, I had to go on my old one for a lil to see if I could make that my new page but... no haha. So I will make a new one. It will just be my normal name "Spencer Cawley" we can't put Elder or anything, weird haha. It felt weird when I got on Facebook. Hopefully good things come out of it. 

Well I gotta run and go finish packing. Oh my new companions are Elder Boyack, and Elder Wersten. I'm in a tri! NEAT! love yall!

Elder Cawley

1 comment:

  1. You will be a mighty leader in your Zone, Elder Cawley. Maybe Elder Scott will follow in your footsteps. He's a ZL in the MTC now...just gettin' a taste of what the the real deal will be.
    Keep working hard! Way to go...

    ReplyDelete