Monday, January 3, 2011

New Companion/Assignment: 1/3/2010

Sorry for not sending an email last week, Elder Wright and I couldnt fit in time to email on Monday. That week was hectic. We found out that our area, Hopkinsville, was going to become a District, and that I was going to be the District Leader. When President told me that I was like "uhhhh ive only been out 6 weeks. I still need to be greenie busted." haha He said, "I know." So that was awesome! 

Next was that Elder Wright and I had to find a new apartment for us to live in, because the sisters were going to move into ours. So on Monday, we had to go apartment searching, get furniture, move us all in, because transfers were the next day. We were running around like CRAZY!! haha. We had to weekly plan for us and the sisters, because we were splitting the area in half. So it's like getting white-washed for the sisters. So we filled their week with exchanges, set appointments and everything--their week was awesome. And our week said... CONTACT. The sisters took all of our investigators haha. 

My new companion is Elder Hall. He is from St. George, Utah. He is way cool, he talks to everyone, and I mean everyone. We were walking up these stairs and he yelled "HELLO" and ran up to this guy like 50 yards away and started talking to him. He is short, so I think all that energy cycles faster through his body, then it does for me. hahaha. 

We met this old man named Willy Allen. We think he had a stroke before because half of his body doesn't work right. But anyways we taught him the first lesson, and he was almost in tears. We committed him to read the Book of Mormon and to go to church. He said he couldn't make it to church this week because he will be in Nashville (or Nash-vul if you're from the South) so we said ok and then we offered a prayer. During the prayer I had the impression to commit him to baptism. So we said amen and Elder Hall stood up to shake his hand, and I said, "Willy, can I ask you a question?" I said, "Have you ever thought about baptism?" and then we talked about baptism for another 10 mins and after that I asked him if he wanted to be baptized by someone holding the proper authority of God? And he said YES!! WOOHOOO!! haha. So that was way awesome haha. 

That is the only story that I have this week because we have been contacting a lot, but it's a good one :D Anyways, I hope all is well back in Cali! 

LOVE YALL!!

Elder Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment