Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ping Pong: 1/10/11

WHATTT!?!?!?!? TYLER MARRIED ELDER WALLS' COUSIN!?!?! HE IS MY ZONE LEADER!!!! I talk to him all the time! He is way legit!! What that is so crazy!!! hahaha. Me and Elder Wall are just alike, we are best buds haha. I call him at least once a day hahaha that is so crazy!! Wow that is so cool. haha. That just blew my mind. 

Anyways. this week was good. We taught King James, and we watched some videos on Mormon.org. The ones that say "I'm so an so and I'm a Mormon." We watched the Peris one, because he was in the MTC with me. At the end he said, "I'm Peris, I dominate in Ping Pong, and I'm a Mormon." King turns to me and says, you play ping pong?, I was like... pshhh do I?? So we played one game and the deal was if I beat him he has to come to church. I DESTROYED him 21 to 2 hahahahha. He kept calling me Forest Gump, because I kept putting spin on the ball. He was going nuts, and his wife was too. They were laughing so hard, it was awesome. Probably wasn't the smartest thing to do though haha, bad Elder Cawley. 

We had an awesome lesson with Willy Allen, who is getting baptized on Jan 29th. We taught him The Plan of Salvation and during the middle he talked about how his wife died 2 years ago, and he is lonely and its just him in his house alone. They were married for 40 years, he kept saying how it was a good marriage. He is way awesome. He wants to do temple work for her and everything. I'm so excited for him. 

President Hutchings and the Assistants came to District Meeting this last week. It was intense. I had them all laughing though haha. I gave a training on commitments, and I passed each of them a "contract" and they all said something different, but they were all funny haha. One of them said, "I hereby agree to get on the ground and pretend to be a snail for 20 mins." So I passed them those and said, "Don't read it, just sign it," and I later went on to say that's what we do sometimes when we give commitments. We have to give them (investigators) a background of what the commitment is so that they don't go into it blindly. Otherwise they will do the commitment and not know anything they just read, watched etc. President thought it was very good. yay! haha. 

Well, each missionary has interviews with President this week. He is basically going to look into our soul and tell us if we are in or out of the boat. And we have to tell him what we are going to do if we are out of the boat. INTENSE! haha. Hope all is good in Cali. I'm so telling Elder Wall that connection!! haha. Talk to yall later!

Love,
Elder Cawley
[Note:  Tyler is a long-time close family friend]


Cristine--sister of Elder Cawley--here. My parents attended Tyler's wedding in San Diego. While there they met the bride and her family. Come to find out that the bride's cousin--Elder Wall-- is serving in the same mission as Elder Cawley! Spencer was so excited as you can see above because 1.) Elder Wall is his Zone Leader, and 2.) they are good buds. 
Elder Wall's mom--Sheila-- and my mom have emailed each other about this small world connection and Sheila was nice enough to forward us some pictures of the two missionaries together that Elder Wall has sent. Elder Wall said this of our Elder Cawley in his latest email: 
"I love Elder Cawley to death! The kid is one of the coolest kids ever! YEah I have been with him his whole mission! He was in my district and his trainer was an old ap and was the district leader. He took his place and president split our zone in half so that he would have a good zone to train in being a dl. But Yeah he is a great kid! Ill sent a pic of me and him in this email. That's really cool that you met his parents! He called me earlier today saying he had something really cool to tell me but I haven't called him back cuz I've been down in out!" (he has a bad case of the flu right now)
 Zone--Elder Cawley is the the third from the right standing.

 Bowling


Elders Wall and Cawley--silly




I know my parents are grateful to be meeting other "missionary moms and dads"--especially when their sons are serving together and such good friends. Both Elder Cawley and Wall are fantastic missionaries and we are so proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment