Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Exchanges & Teaching!: 12/6/2010

Hey familia! queso this week was pretty crazy. I was on exchanges with Clarksville 2 because Elder Wright had training down in Madison (like 160 miles round trip) It was an interesting experience haha. we didnt work as much as i wanted to, bcuz one of the missionaires there has to get knee surgery so he had to "take it easy" according to Sister Hutchings, and he abused that privilage haha. Anyways, since i was in clarksville and elder wright was in madison, we were only able to be in our area from 6pm-9pm, from monday-friday. It was crazy bcuz president still expected the same results as if we were there the whole week. 

So wednesday night we go over to Stevens house, and we taught him "The gospel of Jesus Christ" and after we talked about baptism, and we committed him to be baptized on Dec 25th!! It was amazing!!! We are going over today to teach his wife Mary and there 10 year old Makenzie. Hopefully we can get them to get baptized the same day too! woohoo! 
   
We are also teaching this guy named Adam Roskowsky. He came to church yesterday, and was totally interested! He was asking questions, answering questions, and when they said, okay turn to this verse, he would try to be the first one there and he was just paying soooo much attention to the lessons! We have a set appointment with him on Tuesday and Saturday also. The only thing is that he "doesn't want to give up sinning." So he is gunna take some work haha, but anything is possible when you have the Lord on your side.

Yeah dad I'm in some pretty bad neighborhoods, someone said that they have found over 150 meth labs in Hopkinsville, that's a lot. But King protects us, he is seriously so big, I'm going to take a picture standing next to him and send it to you. I don't know if i told you this already but he held his hand up to my face to see how big his hand was, and his hand was bigger then my head! I was like, if he even slaps me i think i will get KOd! haha, But he is a gentle giant. I always think of him as the big guy in The Princess Bride. "Anybody want a peanut??" "AHHHH!!" haha. 

My bishop here, looks and acts JUST like Uncle Brad, its crazy. I don't remember how old uncle brad is, but Bishop Craig (the bishop here) is 33 and is just amazing. If this ward didn't have bishop Craig, I don't know what this ward would be doing, not to sound mean but it is true.
        
I cant wait for christmas!! The First Presidency message yesterday was awesome! Its not so much about the worldly things we get, but its all about Christ and His love for us, and our love for Him also. I hope everyone remembers that! Oh mom, I like presents, just saying hahaha. And my companion does too! He said his parents aren't sending him any this year, so we might have to help him out. Well time to go play volleyball and dodge ball and basketball and all that good stuff. Tell everyone to write me letters. I like letters haha. Love yall!

love,
Elder Cawley

P.S. the south is rubbing off on me, I'm saying " might could" "yall" "why come" "do what" ahh its crazy hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment