Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oranges: 12/13/2010

I didn't even realize how close Christmas was until you said only 12 more days haha crazy!! I cant wait for the package to get here, bcuz elder wright and I havnt gotten any mail for 3 days straight haha, so tell ppl to write us! (mainly me teehee) That story about how charlie made Colette and Clara cry made me laugh, all the people started to look at me even more awkwardly (bcuz sitting in a library in a white shirt and tie isnt enough) so I gave them all the stink eye haha. but tell Charlie to keep it up hahaha.

Well last week was one of those weeks where it was really hard but really fun at the same time haha. One of our investigators dropped us :( It was king, the one that I told you about. He pulled the "I'm going through a hard time, so I will call you when Im ready, but dont call me I will call you." I was like thats not stopping us. So I texted him (yes we have texting) and said that elder wright wants to see him a couple more times before he leaves to go back home. Totally played the guilt card haha and it worked we have an appointment tomorrow at 12. Oh so last district meeting President Hutchings came and gave a 2 hour training. He mainly focused on talking to EVERYONE! And then we role played for another hour. But before he started training us he said that the only music we can listen to now is Mo Tab, that we can only take pictures on P-day and that if we dont baptize each month, he will call us in one by one and rebuke us. haha... neat! So he is laying down the rules pretty hard, which is good, I've already seen a difference in me and my companion as we obey these rules.
          
Queso (get it?) that same day that we had district meeting, elder wright and I were walking to an appointment, and someone driving the opposite way threw a lil orange at us. It missed us, and went into the bushes. We both stopped and looked at em and they were laughing. I turned to elder wright and said, follow me haha. I picked up the orange, walked over to them and said "I think you dropped this" and tossed it to him. And then I asked him if he had ever talked to people like us before. He said no, so I told him who we were and what we are doing out here. Long story short we have an appointment with him Thursday. BOO YAH! hahahaha. We both walked away thanking the Lord for him having a softened heart, bcuz he looked pretty scary... not gunna lie. Since that training of talking to everyone, we have gotten 10 new investigators, and President Hutchings promised us that if we got 10 new investigators a week, that we would see baptisms.
       
Steven is the one with the baptism date on Christmas, and i feel that once he gets baptized, the Hopkinsville area will blossom with baptisms, he is like the golden investigator haha. Satan is trying really hard with steven though, every sunday something comes up. His sister was arrested 2 Sundays ago, and yesterday his 6 year old nephew blames himself for his mom (stevens sister) getting arrested. and tons of little things keep popping up too. We told him though that as we continue to teach him that these things will keep happening and we explained why they will and he agreed.
      
Anywho... ITS SNOWING!! haha. It was snowing sooo hard yesterday after church. And steven called us at like 3, when it was like the worst, and he was totally depressed so we had to drive over there and the roads were bad, so after we talked to him we left our car there and walked home haha. I gotta go, but I love yall!! Some advice... "Slow down, before today becomes our yesterday" --let that marinate until next weeks letter haha. 

Peace and Blessins!!!!
love yall!

Elder Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment