Monday, March 5, 2012

3/5/2012: Family of 14!

So... last time I wrote I was struggling a lot in our area bcuz it's soo hard! But we made a lot of sacrifices and now we are receving TONS of blessings!!! So, first off, we got 3 referrals one morning without even leaving our apartment!Sso that was awesome! Then... get this... we found...a...family!!!!!! But not just a family... a family of 14!!!!!!!! They have 12 kids!!!!!! We stopped by their house the other night and they had 2 HUGE vans in their driveway--like the 10 seater ones! hahaha. I was like SWEET!!!. 

They are an awesome family :) They met with missionaries before, and had a baptismal date and everything (like 2 years ago), but over the years they were lost in the transitions of different missionaries. So we are wayyy excited to go teach them :) 10 of the kids are of age to get baptized... I think the hardest part is going to be remembering their names. haha :) Not going to lie, I'm kinda nervous about teaching a family this big, because I've never done anything like this before!!! My goal is to get them dressed in white... TWICE! baptism and sealing :):) That would make Elder Cawley a happy boy :) 

We also found about 5 more different people that have potential to get baptized :) So this transfer and next transfer (if I stay) will be sicky tight! haha. It is pretty awesome to see that when you sacrifice something, with a purpose, that purpose will ALWAYS come into your life, if you trust and believe in the Lord. :) 

Now time to change the subject haha. i think its important to have a lil fun after a good days work... so at 9:30 I was bored and started to get creative. I found these Chopsticks in our apartment, and I found nerf darts. So I put one on one of the chopsticks, and I waved it like a wand from harry potter and it went pretty fast haha. So I started to cast "spells" on Elder Fincher and he soon caught on and we had a full blown battle of Voldemort vs Harry Potter. It was pretty sweet. And now every time I step out of the bathroom he is waiting to fling a dart at me haha. You become pretty creative when you're a missionary :)

Anywho, I'm loving Clarksville. We had a Linger Longer after church yesterday and we just met tons of members and ate tasty food :) So that was sweet :) But i gotta get going now :( We are going shopping then going to lunch and after that... idk haha. Stay classy Cali!! Y'all are the best!! :) Love y'all!!!

peace out girl scouts.

Elder Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment