Tuesday, June 7, 2011

President's Last ZLC: 6/6/2011

Man time is going by too fast. I don like it. haha. So yeah transfers are next week, so on Saturday we will find out who is leaving and staying and what not. So crazy. I did get the package with all the Shotmaster stuff in it :D  That P-day we wore all the Shotmaster shirts when we played basketball. It was way legit. haha. 

So Thursday was ZLC. It was soo awesome. It was Presidents last ZLC of his life... and from 9-12 it was trainings and round the table discussions. Then we had lunch, and this is where it gets good. So we come back from lunch, and we sit down. President stands up and tells us some advice on how to be good priesthood leaders. He told us everything that helped him out in his life. He then opened it up to testimonies. No one was getting teary eyed until Elder Stringam stood up and basically said that President told us one day that he is the way he is because he met a person that was a man of God and tried to be just like him. He went on to say that President Hutchings is a man of God, and we are all going to look to him as an example forever. 

We all started bawling. It was awesome. So we all bore our testimonies and I seriously cried for about a good 3 hours straight. It wasn't like making the cry face and huffing and puffin, just tears were flowing haha. After that, President got up and expressed his love for us. He said that this group is the best group of leadership he has seen since he got there. Then we sang, "Ye Elders of Israel" (Sister Hutchings' favorite song) and that was the closing song. I looked up and President and Sister hutchings were just crying like crazy. I dont think any of us made it through the last verse. That was the strongest I've ever felt the Spirit. 

It reminded me of Grandma and how she can't sing the song "God Be with You Till We Meet Again." I shared that in my testimony, I told all of the missionaries that I want to see them all in the Celestial Kingdom and we are gunna get in this group up there, and I dont want anyone missing. Very cool experience. I'm glad I could be there to witness that. 

Well I love yall. I'm fixin to go back out to work pretty soon. This is just a mini P-day, we are going to the temple on Friday so that will be our main P-day.

peace out girl scouts!

Elder Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment