Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Elder Cawley Meets David Archuleta: 6/20/2011

Hey family! (and friends)

Sooo the first week of the new transfer is over! It was a blast! Our new companion is SWEET!   He looks and acts JUST like Brandon Crow.  Like its kinda scary how they are the same.  So his name is Elder Alex Thompson. He is from Eagle, Idaho (just outside Bosie).  It is just like talking with bcrow when I talk to him, and he loves "The Goofy Movie"... just like bcrow. haha.  Look him up on facebook, its awesome.  


So we have been trying to find a family to baptize this past transfer and this transfer.  We prayed for a date in the near future when we are going to baptize a family.  So we decided that on July 9th we are gunna baptize a family... and I have no idea who it is  (hahaha) but we got so much faith that its gunna happen :)  

The Sounds game (minor league baseball) was awesome!!  There were around 60 missionaries singing the national anthem and the owner (or whatever of the team/field - idk, some high up dude) told President Hutchings that the way we sang the anthem is how it should be sung every time. NEAT!  Go Mormons!   


While there I met David Archuleta.  I went to go buy a Sounds baseball hat (which totally rocks btw) and I was like "wow that guys short... WOW thats David Archuleta!!"   So I walked right up to him and was like "hey, can I get a pic with you?"  He said sure, so we started talking and I got him laughing and we had a jolly good ol time of about 45 seconds.

OH so today for pday, we went shopping. I went to Marti and Liz shoe store. Its like nice shoes that were sent back so they sell them for super cheap.  So I got a pair of those and then we went to the Nike store and I got a shooting sleeve and a shirt bcuz this huge buff guy found out that I like bball... so he challenged me today at 4pm. I will own him! hopefully. haha.

Other than that there is nothing new.  I'm trying to learn how to spin stuff on my finger.  I got a pillow and a binder and my study journal down.  I'm working on the book of mormon hahaha. But I don't do that in public of course... haha. We are still in the finding stage, its super hard to find and teach people in this area, but I love it.   It makes me work hard so that makes me feel good.

Well, I love yall!   Tell Lina to do good at her volleyball tourny in Phoenix! And tell Bert alert (Brittany) to keep makin the monnay! hahaha. I cant wait to be an uncle! ahh!!  Imma make that baby look so fresh in the clothes I get him and stuff haha. Its gunna be neat!  kay, love yall!

Peace out girl scouts.

Elder Cawley

p.s. Oh! Tell the Donaldsons thanks for the candy package. They sent me like 15 lbs of candy ahhaha. I'm getting phat!

No comments:

Post a Comment