Monday, May 23, 2011

following the spirit: 5/16/2011

Man so yesterday was... insane! So some background, about 3 weeks ago we are walking in this neighborhood, and this  14 year old boy is like "Hey Elders" and we were just like "umm do we know you?" haha. 

He tells us that his family lived in Sinking Fork, Utah. So we got his address and we decided to stop by yesterday. We knock on the door, and this guy answers the door and is like "Hey Elders! Come on in!" I was like SWANK! haha. So we go in and sit down. Turns out they had there names removed from the church about 3 years ago... and they told us why. We were there for about almost 2 hours, and they were just throwing TONS of anti at us.

All three of us left and were so like confused and didnt know what was up or down so we decided to call President and we talked to him for about a good 45 mins. It helped alot. Then in the morning the Assistants called and we talked to them for a good 30 mins. So im doing alot better. 

But the cool thing was, that as we were there, the Spirt... kay get this... the Spirit told me that this family is one of the reasons why I am here in this mission. So I don't know how to approach it now. This family wants to have us over again, and feed us. They are very nice, very loving. I just dont know how to do this. If I dont go teach them, is that bad because the Spirit told me that I need to focus on this family... I just dont know what to do right now. I'm still waiting for my answer from Him. Very neat experience though. 

I love being on a mission. It's fun and rewarding but very tough at the same time. I hope yall are doing good. Stay safe. Stay happy. And just smile because we are mormon :D haha. love yall!

Elder Cawley

P.S. Pray for Brother Troy German, he is in our ward here and is going through alot. He has to have some surgey done in the near future on his liver. Just pray for strength for him and also his family. Thanks so much! 


My parents received the following email from a member in the ward where Elder Cawley is serving. It's awesome. Tender Mercies and inspiration certainly come when we obey the Spirit and live the gospel:


Hi! 

This is Jane Doe from Franklin Tn and I wanted to send you an email to let you know what a wonderful missionary your son is.  He is just full of love and personality and we love having him and his companions over for dinner.  We have also had the opportunity to be involved with some of their teaching and it is obvious he and his companions love the gospel and love to work.   

He asked me to share a little story with you which is also part of the reason for this email.  I was out on a walk with my son a few days ago and had a little thought I should have the missionaries over for dinner.  I almost didn't act on it since we had just had them over, but a little bit later I had the same thought.  So, I called them up and invited them over. Before they came I had an impression that I should say a prayer for them- that if they had a difficult day or needed some support and encouragement that my husband and I would be able to share the right words and they would feel the Spirit in our home.  Very quickly into our meal they related a troubling visit they had recently had and how it had negatively affected them, especially your son's companion.  We shared what we felt impressed to, laughed, had a wonderful time and after the meal your son was able to give a blessing to his companion.  It was a very tender experience for me.  

I just want you to know the Lord is watching over your son and we feel blessed to have him serving here in Franklin.  

Have a wonderful day!

Jane Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment