Monday, April 11, 2011

One Tie: 4/11/2011


Hey familia!! So this past week FLEW by! Its crazy how missionary time works. On Tuesday, I had my first ZLC (zone leader council) it was awesome. It was held in the mission home, so it was all of the zone leaders and president and the assistants. We talked about each one of our zones and what we are doing to help them progress. 

Then the assistants trained and talked about passion. How we need to have passion for missionary work. So we went around the table and each one of us talked about someone that we know that has passion for something. I talked about Grandma and Grandpa. How they have such a passion for the church, how they up and left everything to serve the Lord. How the missionaries LOVED them and although we all missed them, Singapore misses them more probably. 

After that, President gave us an hour to go off anywhere in the mission home and study the doctrine of Christ and write a letter. That is when I wrote my letter to Grandma. I prayed for about 10 mins, then picked up my pen and started writing like crazy haha. Very spiritual moment. 

After that we talked about sacrifice. Elder Boyack and I committed each other that we are going to wear ONE tie for the rest of our mission, we don't care how we look, we just want to spread the Gospel. That didnt work too well, on Sunday we were like, "i cant take it!" So that crashed and burned haha. But we are giving up singing songs that we knew back at home, it doesn't invite the spirit. 

Then on Wednesday, we went on exchanges with one of our district leaders, Elder Dallof. His companion, Elder Barton, came up to Winstead Hill with me and Elder Boyack. He loved it haha. The night he got here (he has been out 3 weeks now) at like 9:30 a knock was at the door and this laurel brought us cookies. It was weird haha. Once we shut the door, Elder Barton looks at us and says, "I like it here." I started busting up hahaha. So funny. 

This coming Wednesday I'm going on exchanges with the assistants. Pretty nervous haha. But I'm sure it will be a blast!! We found out why we weren't getting so many meals... turns out the ward still thought that you had to have an investigator or RCLA at the dinner still. So we told them that is not the case anymore, I guess before that rule we would be booked with breakfast, lunch and dinner. So lets hope that happens soon! I love the ward here, it reminds me of the ward back at home! 

This is crazy... so I only get to play basketball every Monday, but my shot is amazing now! I think my record is hitting 18 threes in a row, and every time I hit at least 4 or 5 in a row. Its awesome! haha. Little blessings from the Lord, yay! I am gunna get my hair did today, prolly gunna go to SportsClips. Get the MVP package, that thing is awesome! haha. Well I hope all is good in cali! We had a tornado touch down last week in Cool Springs, about 10 mins from our apartment! I got a video of how windy it was and how hard it was raining. There were HUGE trees knocked over and stuff. It was NEAT!!! well love yall!

Elder Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment