Sunday, August 26, 2012

8/6/2012: golden investigator

so y'all are at the beach house?!?! jealous!!!!

So my companion is being transfered, and he is the new assistant!! he almost passed out when prez called him. President told me that i will be in clarksville for the rest of my mission... so that will be 10 1/2 months in C-ville!!! crazy!! my new comp is Elder ____, he is awesome. i've known him my whole mission. he lost his dad while he was on his mission, that happened about 4 months ago. he went home for a couple days, and then came right back out. he is going to see miracles because he chose to stay! 

here is one... we got a referral from mormon.org and it said, "i want to become a member and learn more :)" i was like no way... its too good to be true haha. so we go over, and it is an APSU student. she is 20 years old and SUPER GOLDEN!!! like she already had a book of mormon, i read a couple verses out of the bible and she had me underline it and mark the pages and everything... just pure golden. she asked how long i had left on my mission and i said 3 months and she goes... "oh don't worry... you will baptize me before you go home." i was like saweet!!! hahaha. i guess she is a model and she competes in Miss USA too... crazy stuff. she lived in provo for a semester when she was in high school and that's how she got introduced to the church. she has been reading a ton!! seriously like the most golden person i have ever taught! 

oh! on sunday, bro._____ came up to us and said, "i am going to teach you the secret..." and i was like the secret of what?? he said. bread! haha. i about jumped for joy!!! he is FAMOUS in the ward for his bread... it is celestial!!! people go crazy when he brings a loaf of bread. so he is inviting us over and teaching us how. He is in the bishopric. he is about 60 years old, very soft spoken and just a stud. i love him! i call him John the Beloved! because he totally could be him! 

The ward was pretty excited that i was staying for the rest of my mission. it was funny cuz my old comp was with me at church, then right after church the assistants came and picked him up, and dropped off my new companion, then we went to our wards break the fast... so everyone was trippin out that i had my new comp already when they just saw the other one fifteen minutes ago hahaha. it was pretty funny! oh and the food was super good too... as always :) 

well i miss yall!! have fun partying up at the beach house!! gosh. oh! people here keep talking about some famous root beer in cali?? called like henry whinehouse?? or something like that... idk what that is. maybe yall could send some to me? :):) stay classy!!

Peace out Girl Scouts!!

Elder Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment